On ISBMT Registry (ISBMTR)
Indian Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ISBMT) envisions to promote all aspects associated with the transplantation or transfer of hematopoietic stem cells and immune modulating cells from all sources and donor types including basic, clinical and translational research, education, standardization, quality control, and accreditation for the different transplant-related procedures. As part of this vision, the ISBMT Registry, (ISBMTR) formed in 1983, maintains an accurate database for stem cell transplants done in India by coordinating with the various transplant centers.
The main function of the registry is to collect accurate and good quality clinical data. The main use of these data is clinical research, but it will also be used to support the mission of the ISBMT in aspects such as the inspection, auditing and accreditation of transplant centres. Web based data capture system was developed, tested and launched to capture ISBMT data across the country. ISBMT centers needs to submit their annual transplant data through web based online system.
ISBMT Registry Committee
ISBMT Registry Committee was formed to guide and coordinate registry data collection with registered ISBMT members.
List of current Registry Committee members:
|Dr. Alok Srivastava
Christian Medical College, Vellore
|Dr. Ajay Sharma
Paras Hospital, Chandigarh
|Dr. Shashi Apte
Sahyadri Specialty Hospital, Pune
|Dr. Atul Sharma
Dr. B R A Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, AIIMS, New Delhi
|Dr. Jose Easow
Apollo Cancer Hospital, Chennai
|Dr. Reetu Jain
Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai
|Dr. Uday Y
Army Hospital Research & Referral, New Delhi
|Dr. Gaurav Prakash
ISBMT Registry team
ISBMT registry team facilitates registry data collection and management. This team consists of ISBMT Secretariat as well as the Data Management Centre at Christian Medical College, Vellore. Broad activities of ISBMT registry team:
- Planning and facilitating ISBMTR data collection across the country
- Communicating to all members regarding events and news related to registry.
- Organizing regular Registry Committee meetings.
- Coordinating ISBMT online data collection, management and training programs.
ISBMT Web based data capture and management system
In year 2021, a web based data capture system was developed, tested and launched to capture ISBMT data across the country. Existing data collection forms were integrated in the system. Online system provides option to enter data both Activity and Follow-up, in-build data checks, data export and technical support.
List of services by ISBMT data collection and management team are:
- Maintenance of web based registry data collection.
- Maintenance of data collection forms
- Piloting the online system.
- Creating and updating User Manual and Training Video.
- Conducting on-going training programs to end users.
- Centre and User management.
- Integration of Offline data into Online database.
- Contacting, following and coordinating ISBMT sites for annual data submission.
- Verifying and validating submitted data.
- Organizing annual data for statistical analysis.
- Statistical Analysis and Reports.
- Technical support through Email / Phone.
- Link to web based data collection system: www.isbmt.org/isbmt-registry